Miss F-Bomb is, perhaps, the craftiest of the mixologists in the group. And generally, at least at rehearsals, she is the one pouring (and over-pouring) and making the drinks. She truly has a gift, so keep an eye on her recipes. She is also one of those annoying people who makes everything from scratch, so feel free to get plain old store-bought chai tea and whipped cream and just add bourbon in your Chai Tea with Bourbon Cream.
- 3 cups of hot water
- 4 bags of black tea
- 4 crushed cardamom pods, green
- 4 crushed whole allspice berries
- 3 or 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼-½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or homemade bourbon vanilla extract…since Miss F-Bomb is literally the bomb!)
- 3 cups of vanilla almond milk (Miss F-Bomb makes her own!)
- ¼ cup honey or raw honey…could also substitute agave
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp white sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1 ½ tbsp premium bourbon (Miss F-Bomb likes Bulleit Bourbon)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, tea bags, spices, and vanilla.
- Bring everything to a boil over medium to medium/high heat and then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the almond milk and honey and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow it to sit and steep for 10 minutes. For a stronger flavor, cover and let sit to steep.
- Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth (or both) to remove the tea bags and spices.
- Strain a second time if needed until only liquid remains.
- Pour into a mug and top with bourbon cream.
- In a chilled glass or metal bowl, whip cream until soft mounds begin to form.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to whisk/whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently, very gently, fold in the bourbon being careful not to over mix.
- Chill until ready to serve.