If you’ve listened to our show at all, then you know how much we love Aly Cardinalli—as a performer, a choreographer, a friend, he is awesome and we were so excited to have the opportunity to feature him as our first official Burlesque Moms guest!
Hailing from the middle of nowhere, Texas, where Bourbon Layne was also hiding, Aly joined us in this episode to talk about building a performance community, gaining inspiration, his work in psychic development and witchcraft, and yes, to rid Bourbon Layne, once and for all, of her curse.
Join us as we discuss this, and much more, on Burlesque Moms!
In this episode we talk about:
- Getting to know Aly Cardinalli and how he knows the Burlesque Moms
- Canines, Kiddos, Pasties, and Poultry
- Directing Bent on Maui
- Bourbon Layne’s first burlesque number, choreographed by Aly
- Blood in, blood out
- Bad choreography
- The Trampoline Dance
- Gaining choreography inspiration
- Aly as a child prodigy
- Disruption by a massive Tibetan Mastiff
- Little Shop of Horrors love
- Tripping into a stage performance
- The Nutcracker: A retelling by Aly
- Reasons to kill your roommate
- Working as a witchdoctor and psychic medium
- Psychic charlatans
- “Savage” nations
- The correlation between spiritual connection and choreography
- Building a backstage culture
- The true definition of community
- Theatre superstitions
- The curse of Bourbon Layne
- Pet photo and video bombing
- The problem with burning sage
- No drinks?
- Debilitating stage fright
- Fostering a positive body image in young women
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Links from the show:
Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW!
Have a question? CONTACT US!
Today’s episode of Burlesque Moms is sponsored by Waikapu Danceworks, where Maui moves! As mentioned in the show today, if you are interested in taking Burlesque classes, and you are on the island of Maui, this is THE place for all things fitness and fun! Try a class today and tell them Bourbon sent you! www.waikapudanceworks.com
By AF Consulting Team, our #1 choice for business advice! If you are thinking of starting a business, have a business you want to see grow, or are selling your business and need help with the transition, AF Consulting Team is there every step of the way! For more information or to book a Complimentary Intro Session, head to www.afconsultingteam.com today.
Love the show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Burlesque Moms of Instagram
Connect with Burlesque Moms on Facebook
More About Your Hostesses: Cabaret and Cocktails
Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE or CONTACT US.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.