In honor of Father’s Day, we want to introduce you to some of our favorite Burlesque Dads!
We are proud (and perhaps a little wary) to have this episode hosted by DotCom (you may know him as Sadie Vine’s husband from Episode 025), Maker Howl (Miss F-Bomb’s husband), Doc Titanium, and Dan Frontier.
In their own words, the Burlesque Dads will discuss what it is to be a male performer, a parent, and a supporter of Burlesque.
Get ready to laugh … and maybe write us a seething letter of protest. As usual, alcohol was involved and there is no censoring this group!
In this episode we talk about:
- Our drinks, of course!
- What’s coming up for Maker Howl
- Chicken feather boas
- Dan Frontier’s rise to solo performer
- Doc Titanium’s lack of rhythm
- Hosting, stand-up, and heckler control
- We love our burlesque audiences…I think we’ve told you before
- Is Burlesque Moms aka Cabaret and Cocktails a coven of witches?
- The Dad-reflex
- The worst thing in the burlesque world
- Glitter, so much glitter
- Backstage differences
- Comedy and burlesque
- Onstage confidence
- Surprising ways to take off your clothing
- Shitty burlesque
- Doc Titanium’s deathbed memories
- The absurdity of burlesque
- Maui burlesque
- Our script-writer, Sadie Vine
- “Burlesque is about normal people finding their power and their beauty.”
- Well-said Doc!
- Sexy is a state of mind
- Virtual vs live performance
- First-timer performances and audience interaction
- A cameo from Bourbon Layne … who is not a Dad, thank you for the clarification
- This is what’s beauty!
- What makes burlesque “tits up”?
- What’s in the future for these men on stage?
- What does being vulnerable look like for men?
- Cancel culture vs. tired culture
- Vulnerability with men’s performance
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Follow us on INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK! Like, comment, and share that you’re listening to the podcast!
Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW!
Have a question? CONTACT US!
Today’s episode of Burlesque Moms is sponsored by Waikapu Danceworks, where Maui moves! As mentioned in the show today, if you are interested in taking Burlesque classes, and you are on the island of Maui, this is THE place for all things fitness and fun! Try a class today and tell them Bourbon sent you! www.waikapudanceworks.com
By AF Consulting Team, our #1 choice for business advice! If you are thinking of starting a business, have a business you want to see grow, or are selling your business and need help with the transition, AF Consulting Team is there every step of the way! For more information or to book a Complimentary Intro Session, head to www.afconsultingteam.com today.
Love the show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Burlesque Moms of Instagram
Connect with Burlesque Moms on Facebook
More About Your Hostesses: Cabaret and Cocktails
Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE or CONTACT US.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.
This Post Has 0 Comments