Nothing like an adult lemonade on a hot summer’s day. It’s called Bees Knees. Feel free to substitute whiskey, gin, or even moonshine in this recipe. All Bourbon had was gin because her Costco-sized Bourbon was mysteriously empty.
- 2 oz gin (I used Aviator)
- 1 oz lavender honey
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Lavender sugar for the rim
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried culinary lavender (important that it is culinary lavender)
- 1 cup raw honey (or preferred honey)
- 1 TBSP dried culinary lavender
- Spread lavender sugar (recipe below) onto a shallow saucer and set aside.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one lemon. Add juice to a shaker. I highly recommend THIS SQUEEZER and THIS SHAKER (both a birthday gift from Sadie Vine and DotCom). I know it seems unnecessary, but trust me, buy the squeezer!!!
- Using one of the lemon halves, rim the edges of a martini glass (or any glass, really)
- Cover the rim in the lavender sugar and set aside.
- Add gin and lavender honey (recipe below) to the shaker.
- Add ice to shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into your rimmed glass and enjoy.
- Go ahead and make another!
- Add the lavender into a spice grinder (I use the Bullet) and grind until fine.
- Combine sugar and lavender well
- Store in an airtight container, lasts for months!
- Gently warm honey in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in the lavender.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature for at least 12 hours, 24 preferred.
- Warm the honey again on low heat until it is very runny.
- Strain through a mesh sieve into a clean jar.
- Cool completely and cover. Store in the refrigerator.
This Post Has 0 Comments