It’s not all glitter and glam…sometimes it’s contracts, insurance, and tax filings.
Not everyone goes into Burlesque to make it a business, but if you do, how? How do you turn your love of dancing into a viable career path?
Have you ever wondered:
- How to choose a business entity?
- What to look for in your contracts both as a company and as a performer?
- How to avoid lawsuits?
- What Liability Insurance is and why you need it?
- What counts as a tax write-off?
- How to lower your tax burden?
- …and so much more!!?
It may not be all the glory and humor you are used to hearing from us, but it’s an important part of who we are and what we do! Now let’s talk about the Business of Burlesque!
In this episode we talk about:
- Our drinks, of course!
- Jealousy and Tahiti
- Taking advantage of Lily
- What happened to Maui Dark Rum?
- Shaker and Spoon
- Maui Breweries
- Cosmopolitans and Sex in the City
- The perks of bringing in a business consultant
- Why we started Burlesque production
- Paying our way to BurlyCon
- Theatre fundraisers
- Setting up a budget
- How we spend our money
- F-Bomb likes the boys
- Assume everyone is terrible and out to get you.
- LLC vs Sole Proprietorship
- Bourbon’s legal woes
- The different roles each of us play as members of Cabaret & Cocktails
- Legal issues and law suits
- Tax write-offs for performers
- Lowering your tax burden the legal way
- Budgeting the right way
- Pay yourself!
- Paying our performers
- Contracts and more contracts
- The importance of communication
- Personal liability insurance
- Protecting your assets
- Show etiquette and terminology
- Backstage at Hawaii Burlesque Fest
- Call time
- The no glitter rule!
- Post 2020 contract changes
- Business advice from the ladies
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Links from the show: Nutmeg (you’re welcome), Shaker and Spoon, Kohola Brewery, Maui Brewing Company, Iva Handfull, Jason Strahn, JS Design, AF Consulting Team, and Violetta Beretta
Follow us on INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK! Like, comment, and share that you’re listening to the podcast!
Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW!
Have a question? CONTACT US!
Today’s episode of Burlesque Moms is sponsored by AF Consulting Team, our #1 choice for business advice! If you are thinking of starting a business, have a business you want to see grow, or are selling your business and need help with the transition, AF Consulting Team is there every step of the way! For more information or to book a Complimentary Intro Session, head to www.afconsultingteam.com today.
By us, the ladies of Cabaret and Cocktails! Why wouldn’t we sponsor our own show!? To learn more about our upcoming shows, events, and offerings, visit us at www.cabaretandcocktails.com or maybe buy us a drink with our Venmo @cabaretandcocktails.
Love the show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Burlesque Moms of Instagram
Connect with Burlesque Moms on Facebook
More About Your Hostesses: Cabaret and Cocktails
Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE or CONTACT US.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.
This Post Has 0 Comments