Hey! It’s a morning staple! This week, however, Miss F-Bomb didn’t bother making Bourbon Cream and instead went straight to a shot of Bourbon in her Chai Tea with Bourbon.
- 3 cups of hot water
- 4 bags of black tea
- 4 crushed cardamom pods, green
- 4 crushed whole allspice berries
- 3 or 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼-½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or homemade bourbon vanilla extract…since Miss F-Bomb is literally the bomb!)
- 3 cups of vanilla almond milk (Miss F-Bomb makes her own!)
- ¼ cup honey or raw honey…could also substitute agave
- 1 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, tea bags, spices, and vanilla.
- Bring everything to a boil over medium to medium/high heat and then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the almond milk and honey and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow it to sit and steep for 10 minutes. For a stronger flavor, cover and let sit to steep.
- Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth (or both) to remove the tea bags and spices.
- Strain a second time if needed until only liquid remains.
- Pour into a mug and top with bourbon cream.
Chai Tea with Bourbon:
- Prepare the Chai Tea.
- Pour in room temperature Bourbon…as much as you need to get your through the day.