Ever wonder how we come up with all those ideas for show themes and costumes and performances?
Join Cabaret and Cocktails as they go unscripted and show you what a burlesque brainstorming session looks like.
What will they think of? What will they think of next?
In this episode we talk about:
- Our drinks, of course!
- Punny commentary
- A Costco-sized drinking problem
- What it means to be a professional
- Another reason why Bourbon owns her own businesses
- Finding show inspiration
- Picking a timeframe for the show
- Adult men in diapers
- WAP Sugarplum Fairy and other remixes
- Back to the Future and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure become an inspiration
- Logistical considerations when producing a show lineup
- Hot Tub Time Machine inspiration
- Costume reuse
- Expanding the group number repertoire
- Live theatre versus virtual performances
- Burlesque crushes
- Disco angel roller skates
- Tom Selleck love
- Bell-bottoms and short shorts
- Dream costume builds
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Links from the show: Gin Minsky sword swallowing and tap dancing, Dandy Wellington, Raquel Reed, Julie Atlas Muz, Frankie Fictitious, Dita Von Teese, Dirty Martini, Perle Noire, Gal Friday, Cheeky Lane, Red Bone, and Sharleen aka Anita Joint
Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW!
Have a question? CONTACT US!
Today’s episode of Burlesque Moms is sponsored by AF Consulting Team, our #1 choice for business advice! If you are thinking of starting a business, have a business you want to see grow, or are selling your business and need help with the transition, AF Consulting Team is there every step of the way! For more information or to book a Complimentary Intro Session, head to www.afconsultingteam.com today.
By us, the ladies of Cabaret and Cocktails! Why wouldn’t we sponsor our own show!? To learn more about our upcoming shows, events, and offerings, visit us at www.cabaretandcocktails.com or maybe buy us a drink with our Venmo @cabaretandcocktails.
Love the show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Burlesque Moms of Instagram
Connect with Burlesque Moms on Facebook
More About Your Hostesses: Cabaret and Cocktails
Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE or CONTACT US.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.