In today’s show we are talking all about our Burlesque New Year’s Resolutions. Is that even a thing? Apparently, it is.
But as we were discussing, well, what we were going to discuss, I started thinking about all the goals I had for 2022, in particular my Burlesque goals.
As many of you know, I am the one who lives 5,000 miles away from my troupe. I’m the one we fly in when we have performances (thanks, tax write-offs). I am the one who learns the choreography over recorded video and sets-up podcasts and meetings over zoom.
It’s not exactly an ideal situation.
It’s not surprising that I’ve begun contemplating my role within the company and what I could truly “bring to the table” now that I’m physically so far away. Before I left, we even discussed my leaving the company all together and redistributing shares to make it more feasible as a business. I was quickly vetoed.
So, what are my goals for Cabaret and Cocktails, Burlesque Moms, and Bourbon Layne as companies, brands, and businesses? Here’s the short list:
- Book at least one mainland performance as Bourbon Layne
- Book at least one mainland performance for Cabaret & Cocktails
- Book our Burlesque Moms crew on at least 3 other podcasts
- Book at least 3 people on our show (apply at email@example.com)
- Hire an agency to represent me here (sigh, not my favorite, but this market is literally ginormous)
- Build our Burlesque Moms blog to triple the viewership
- Build our Burlesque Moms podcast followers to quadruple the listeners
- Create at least one new act with what I call a complicated reveal, and actually SEW this costume as opposed to relying on various types of glue
- Teach all the ladies at C&C about Instagram reels—what can I say, we’re old!
- Help produce 4 Hawaii shows
- Take a corporate retreat with C&C. My vote is either Lily’s place in Tahiti, or something revolving around what Lily claims is our US Tour
- Grow a Calamansi tree (ask Miss F-Bomb why)
Of course, on top of that are the more traditional “resolutions” of:
- Get healthier (Froot Loops count as fruit, right?)
- Make more time for myself (currently in the process of hiring a new VA, so hopefully this will start happening in January 2022)
- Be a more patient mom (oye vay, if you only knew my kid)
- Take a vacation (as a workaholic, this is literally a goal I have trouble completing)
What are your goals and resolutions this year? Anything that would surprise me?
Obviously, I wish you good luck and an incredible 2022! If you want to raise a glass (or bottle) with me, I still highly recommend Winc to my mainlanders. Here’s a link:
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.