Oh, burlesque. Oh, children. Oh, children and burlesque? Do those even go together?
In our last episode, we spoke about some of the major challenges children have brought to our burlesque careers. This week, we talk about the few and surprising benefits our children have given us…and no, we don’t mean the general “joy” of parenting.
We won’t lie, this episode was MUCH tougher than describing how children make our jobs harder, but still, we find joy in the little things like spending time together, creative crafting, and obscure, bizarre inspiration.
In this episode we talk about:
- Our drinks, of course!
- What’s going on at Sadie’s house aka reasons to drink tequila
- The benefits of kids and burlesque
- Peppa Pig and Baby Shark Burlesque?
- Little girl’s clothing
- Pandora Nursery Rhymes station
- Veggie Tales inspiration
- Hamburger Ballet
- Bourbon steals from children
- Lily’s year-round shopping tendencies
- Lily speaks our truth
- Time management or should we say MOMagement?
- Appreciating time with friends
- Creative outlets and escapes
- Weird overlaps between kids’ things and burlesque</li
- The Four My Little Ponies of the Apocalypse
- Bourbon steals craft supplies from children, too.
- Pets and Burlesque
- Making pasties for puppies
- Pet stars
- F-Bomb’s chicken feather supply
- Burlesque with chickens
- Creepy Disney Princess F-Bomb
- Drinking with Chickens and chicken lingerie
- Don’t work with kids or animals
- Photo and video shoots with kids!
- Photography editing at its finest
- Costume concessions
- Anti-social behavior
- Is it worth the babysitter?
- Kenneling your kids
- Leaving kids in the car
- F-Bomb’s shopping horrors with Bourbon
- Did Bourbon have a baby or a tiny monster?
- Sadie’s baby is seriously the cutest
- Talking to Sadie’s boobs
- Reason #500,261 why Bomb should not be a Mom
- Why Target Drive-Up is the best thing ever!
- Target, Bourbon is mad at you!
- Lily tells us something to look forward to
- Sadie’s daughter is not “normal”
- Lily leaves her kid at home
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
Links from the show: Cat & Jack, Veggie Tales, Legally Blonde: The Musical, TTM – Theatre Theatre Maui, Norah Jones – “Man of the Hour”, Drinking with Chickens (we love you!), and Brett with Wulf Pack Creative Team
In this episode, we make light of things like kenneling children, leaving the kids in the car, or leaving kids at home. We do not intend to offend or downgrade the severity of these offenses. We are merely venting some of the frustrations parents have with managing everything we have to manage on a daily basis. We love our children and would never intentionally harm them in any way. As a side note, Maui has an extremely low crime rate and you feel like you know just about everyone here, so we make these jokes knowing full well that we are blessed to raise our kids in such an incredibly safe environment.
Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW!
Have a question? CONTACT US!
Today’s episode of Burlesque Moms is sponsored by AF Consulting Team, our #1 choice for business advice! If you are thinking of starting a business, have a business you want to see grow, or are selling your business and need help with the transition, AF Consulting Team is there every step of the way! For more information or to book a Complimentary Intro Session, head to www.afconsultingteam.com today.
By us, the ladies of Cabaret and Cocktails! Why wouldn’t we sponsor our own show!? To learn more about our upcoming shows, events, and offerings, visit us at www.cabaretandcocktails.com or maybe buy us a drink with our Venmo @cabaretandcocktails.
Love the show? Leave a review on iTunes!
Connect with Burlesque Moms of Instagram
Connect with Burlesque Moms on Facebook
More About Your Hostesses: Cabaret and Cocktails
Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE or CONTACT US.
Lily O Lei’s Favorite Box Wine:
Kirkland Signature Cabernet Sauvignon
Mama’s Adult Juice Box
Lily’s good-old, trusty Costco box wine. Yum!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.